- 1 Welcome to InStock Sapphire & Gems: Store Policy
- 1.1 Digital Images
- 1.2 Gem Enhancements
- 1.3 Shipping Methods
- 1.4 Prices
- 1.5 Memo & Return Policy
- 1.6 Exchange & Replacement Policy
- 1.7 Conditions to be eligible for the Exchange & Replacement Policy:
- 1.8 Important Notes:
- 1.9 Frequently Asked Questions
- 1.10 1. When does the 10-Day Return Period Start?
- 1.11 2. I have lost the lab certificate and original packaging of the product. Can I still return the loose gemstone?
- 1.12 3. I am returning a loose gemstone. How should I send it?
- 1.13 ALL RETURNS MUST BE SHIPPED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE!
- 1.14 Legal Issues
- 1.15 Contact Information
Welcome to InStock Sapphire & Gems: Store Policy
The following are the rules and regulations for InStock Sapphire & Gems’s store.
In our business, color is what is most important. We do our best to ensure our digital images display an accurate rendition of each item. However, due to factors beyond our control (such as individual monitor differences and calibration), actual colors may vary from what you see on your monitor.
With the growing world population, demand for precious stones is greater than ever. In order to meet that demand, while at the same time keep prices within reason, most gemstones today are subject to enhancement processes to improve their quality. These range from simple, standard heat enhancements (virtually all sapphires are subjected to this), to more complex processes. We disclose known gemstone enhancements to the best of our ability. We control the rough coming from our mines in Sri Lanka and most all cutting. The enhancement type of each gem will be noted on our invoice. If you have any questions about gemstone enhancements contact us.
Goods are normally shipped 2nd Day UPS and insured, unless you specify otherwise. Other shipping options include:
- United Parcel Service (UPS) Next Day Air: Available on request
- US Postal Service Express Mail: Available on request
All prices quoted are in US Dollar for deliveries within the USA. While we do our best to ensure our database prices are accurate, we cannot take responsibility for errors or price changes.
Memo & Return Policy
We provide short term memos to established jewelers in the trade. If you see a piece which you would like to look at, contact us. Provided you can provide us with trade references we will be happy to send you stones on a short term memo. Keep in mind that many of our gemstones are one-of-a-kind items. Should the piece you desire be out of stock, we will contact you with possible replacements.
If you already have an established account with us please contact us for details. To establish an account, you will need to be listed in the Jewelers’ Board of Trade (JBT) or supply us with trade references. If you cannot meet these conditions, we require advance payment.
We require advanced payment for items sent out on memo. All to often we get stuck with expensive shipping and insurance bills that are not covered by jewelers. We’ve been kind enough to loan you our inventory please be kind enough to cover the postage.
Memo goods must be returned within 10 days in mint condition. Exceptions to this rule concern accessories, gemstones cut to specification, stones acquired according to fill a customer’s order. All returns must be sent to the address at the bottom of this page. Return postage and insurance will be paid by the customer. Note: The US Postal Service can provide insurance only up to $25,000. For parcels valued higher, the customer must take out additional third-party insurance.
Exchange & Replacement Policy
At InStock Sapphire & Gems we offer a very simple 10 Days exchange policy on loose gemstones purchased from us. We do not offer cash or credit card refunds but will gladly allow you to trade for a different stone or receive a credit on your account.
Conditions to be eligible for the Exchange & Replacement Policy:
- 1. Item(s) must be in their original, unused condition.
- 2. Replacement for items are subject to inspection and checking by the InStock Gems team.
- 3. Damages due to neglect, improper usage will not be included under our Exchange & Replacement Policy
- 4. Product should be accompanied with Original Product Certificate and Original/Copy of Invoice, packaging, documentation, lab certificates, discount coupons, etc
- 5. Any gemstone that has been set cannot be returned.
- – Shipping Charges, VAT and duties are not refundable.
- – Return Shipment is at customer’s cost
- – Payment Gateway charges, if applicable, will not be refunded
- – Additionally, any additional lab certificate that may have been ordered apart from the free along with the gemstone, shall not be refunded in the return payment.
- – Returns will take 7-10 business days to process (from the receiving date of the product at our address). Please note that the credit card company / banks may take another week to reflect that in your account.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When does the 10-Day Return Period Start?
The 10-Day period starts from the day that you receive your product, as shown by our courier records.
2. I have lost the lab certificate and original packaging of the product. Can I still return the loose gemstone?
We require full original product certificate, invoices, documentations, lab certificates, packaging, documentation, discount coupons, etc. that may have accompanied the loose gemstone. In the absence, of any of these items, you are not eligible to return the gemstone. However, you may still be eligible for a Partial Replacement / Account Credit. Please contact us with your exact scenario, so that we may assist you.
3. I am returning a loose gemstone. How should I send it?
- If you are returning or replacing a gemstone, please take the following steps:
- – Contact us and get a Return Authorization with instructions.
- – Ensure that you keep all original objects that accompanied the gemstone like Original Product Certificate and Original/Copy of Invoice, packaging, documentation, lab certificates, discount coupons, etc.
- – Pack the items carefully and send only through a reputed courier with insurance for the package. Take the courier tracking information and share with us. You can find our address by clicking here Contact Us
- – We recommend that you send the item back with proper insurance through a jewelry trade shipping service like Parcel Pro or proper shipping insurance provided through your store policy. We also recommend shipping via Next Business Day (FedEx or UPS Next Day) delivery on priority in all metros and major cities as this minimizes any risk involved relating to delays, misplace or theft.
- IMPORTANT: Do not write the name InStock Gems or any gemstones, jewelry related words on the outside of the package, as it may attract undue attention and theft of the package.
ALL RETURNS MUST BE SHIPPED TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS UNLESS OTHER ARRANGEMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE!
- BRENT WALLACE c/o J.J.
- 202 SW 1st. ST
- ALBANY, OR. 97321
All transactions are subjected to the state of Oregon and US law. The USA is the place of jurisdiction for both parties.
If you have any questions regarding any of our terms, please contact us from our contact page.